Listen to the Live stream
For episodes that are created as live streams, you can listen to them via the audio player below:
(player may not work if stream is inactive), or click the link below which also won’t work if there is no stream.
Click Here to tune in. This stream is MP3, which means IOS users will be able to listen from their devices. Keep in mind that streams are scheduled, and clicking this link when one is not scheduled will result in an error.
Ways you can Interact with the podcast during live streams
- ESkype group. You will need to fill out the write-in to the podcast form if you’d like to be added; it would be really bad to post the link on the site and get a bunch of bots. I’ll add you in as soon as I get your request and know it’s legit. Also, please read the next subheading for the rules of the Skype group – not following these will result in removal from the group with no chance of being added back.
- discord server
- Mentioning stevo399 on twitter
Rules for the Skype group
Note: breaking any of these will result in your removal from the group, so just follow them and we’ll be good.
- No Spam. This means sending a bunch of messages of any kind in order, so that you are chatting over and over again and causing disruption. Please do not mistake this for me banning OT chat.
- No bullying, harassing, defaming, mood slinging, or flaming is allowed in this group. I like to joke, so I do tolerate jokes and insults and such, but if you cross the line and start hurting people or someone seriously asks you to stop, stop.
- A lot of us are completely blind here, and so we use screen readers. Do not send strings that cause them to crash.
- Finally, let’s all have fun! I don’t stream all the time, so feel free to discuss things not related to the stream at all – it’s cool if we just chill and talk about whatever. As long as you follow the above rules we’ll be golden! Look forward to havin’ ya!
If you enjoy the Steven D Podcast,
Click here to subscribe
What is this?
Hello and Welcome to the page of the Steven D Podcast!
The Steven D Podcast is a rather informal stream/podcast featuring myself, Steven D as the host, along with any other guests who may join from time to time. While this Podcast is aimed at the blind and tends to be technical most of the time, the main goal is to entertain, and for the most part not inform. You can expect random gaming sessions, talks about things that I find interesting or funny, as well as demonstrations of games / partial projects I’ve coded be it as concept demos or just to see how badly I can screw it up!
This Podcast is not a dictatorship though. I don’t say what we do and when all the time, though of course I’ll try to maintain a schedule, agenda, and it’ll still be up to me and whoever else is with me what we end up doing. However, I have a feedback form, and hope to get a chat room set up so you guys can throw in your 2-cents! So if there’s a time I’m playing a game, or messing with my code, you will definitely get to tell me what you’d like me to do with it and or just leave other comments! My listeners mean a hell of a lot to me, without you this wouldn’t have a point, so you’ll get treated kindly! 🙂
- Publication schedule: preferably 2 weeks. However, I will not attempt to stick strictly to this, as I’d rather publish quality content than on a scheduled basis. Bottom line, if I don’t publish a cast and am not super busy, it’s because I don’t want to publish a redundant or boring episode.
- Running time of 30 minutes to an hour. Could be more if we have more to do.
- Games, code experimentation (not listening to me type for 30 minutes, but doing comical stuff to things I’ve coded or showing it off).
- Occasional talks about things I find interesting, sharing of facts or stories that I find mind blowing, you get the idea.
- Most importantly, listener participation! I run this podcast because I want you to be entertained, to have something more to look forward to, and to hang out with me! Leave your comments/jokes/suggestions/feedback/criticism/whatever, your input is always valued and welcome! It’s my way of paying you back for keeping this going!
Next Episode: March 7, 2019, Episode 9
This will be that episode about ball games. I will demonstrate Marina Break, and then I’ll show off a couple of my own takes on the Breakout concept, that I had never released because I didn’t know where to go with them.
The episode will be streamed on Thursday, Mar 7, at 7:30 PM central unless otherwise noted.
If you have suggestions for future podcast, a comment regarding this or a previous one, please fill out the “write into the podcast” form near the bottom of this page! Also be sure to join the discord or Skype group before the stream, and tune in so you can interact with us!
Write in to the podcast
Fill out this form to leave feedback, suggestions, comments, or criticisms, what have you. I do tend to read feedback on the podcast so long as it’s not destructive and trolling, reserve that for your fps games. 😀
Donations – loved and valued, but not an obligation
While I don’t do this for money (I genuinely enjoy it and would still run this cast if I got 0 cents so long as you guys kept hanging out with me), I could always use donations if you feel I deserve them! You see I’m running a .net domain, and I am storing audio files on this website, both of which cost money. Also I’d love to buy more games to play both to support the developers who worked so hard on them, and to have more to play on the podcast! And finally, I’m a nerdy college dude who loves my fast food from time to time! 🙂
Before I put this button down, however, I want to inform you that you are not obligated to give a cent. If you can’t due to restrictions? Don’t feel bad. You’re still a great person. If you plain don’t feel like it? Don’t worry about it. You’re still a great person. If you do though, awesome! I definitely appreciate every cent you give!
Missed out on a live podcast stream? No worries!
Click here to go to the Episodes Page
Even if you missed out on the live chat, don’t worry! The write in to the podcast form on this page will send any comments you have directly to me, and you can be sure I’ll read them! Just make sure you let me know what episode you are referring to unless it’s a general comment about the podcast.
Back in 2013 into early 2015, I used to run an even more unprofessional podcast. Archive of 40 or so old episodes.
These do not reflect the current state of the podcast, they are merely included for memory’s sake.